Saturday

A New Year, A Fresh Start


We were just thinking to ourselves that 2008 went by in a flash.  Last year at this time we were wondering what happened to Christmas and the rest of the Holidays.  This year was better.  I think we actually made it through.  I was really busy with Primary stuff, but other than that I was able to get my neighbor gifts out this Christmas.  
2007 was a whirlwind for us.  We had some heart aches and some joys, of which usually ended in heart ache.  We look back at all the adoption stuff we have been through and can't help but think that these things can only make us stronger.  Then I have to think, well if He wants us to be stronger, what does our Heavenly Father have planned for us?  Some days I just want to say "OK, I don't think I can handle being any stronger." I know with all my heart that something special is going to happen this year.  I am not sure what, or when, I just know.  Maybe we will win the lottery?  OK, so I don't think that we are that lucky, plus I am pretty sure you have to buy a ticket, or enter a contest, of which we have not done either. 
For the most part our 2008 has been quiet.  We were blessed with the opportunity to foster little Max in our home. He was just a bundle of joy.  He was 3 months old and we only had him in our home for a week, but he was a wonderful little spirit in our home.  I have to say he was one of the most handsome little boys I have ever seen.  His smile was so cute and could light up any room.  We loved him and we will always remember him and his Mom.  The day we took him back to the agency was bitter sweet.  He was never ours, but I loved helping him and his mother so they could have better lives. I cried the whole way there, and I think I could understand a glimpse of what a birth mother must feel like.  I could never fully understand the feelings they must go through.
Spencer's job is awesome and he is moving up fast within the company.  He loves his job.  I like my job, but can't wait till we get a baby so I don't have to work anymore.  I really like the people I work with right now.  I will be really sad to go, but I really want to be a stay at home mom.  This last year has been really busy since I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency.  I love my new calling though.  I love the Primary children.  I don't think there is a better calling in the church.  Families Supporting Adoption slowed down the last few months, we took a break for the holidays.  We have some fun activities coming up here in the next year and our October Halloween Carnival was such a hit I can't wait to see what happens this year.


Dusty Bottoms is not so little anymore. He is getting bigger, but he will be small for a cocker spaniel. He is definitely still a puppy though.  He keeps trying to get into everything. He is not so sure about the snow.  He will walk outside and stand right by the door.  
We have so many plans for this new year.  We are so excited to have a fresh start again.  I can't wait till Spring and Summer and start hiking again and boating.  I forget how much fun you can have in the Summer until Winter is in full swing.  

 We are remodeling the bathroom right off our bedroom.  That will be fun.  We have looked at tile and vanities.  Spencer's dad came and they ripped everything out.  And our toilet is in the bathtub. I didn't think it would be difficult having one bathroom between the two of us.  We have done it before.  It sure was nice having two bathrooms. 

 Here is to a new year, and lots of new adventures!!

4 comments:

Veronica Tyler said...

Here Here!

(The one bathroom thing sucks really really bad.... We've done it since July and it does not get easier! Hopefully your remodel goes quickly!)

One Big Happy Family In Utah said...

I agree with Veronica - although I would add remodeling is miserable on nearly every front except picking stuff out and when it's all finished. And as much as we've done I can't understand why I can't remember that - I'm always ready to be done weeks (and sometimes monts) before we are. Stay focused on the end and play with that sweet puppy of yours. He's adorable!!

Crimson&Howitzer said...

Having struggled through seven years of heartache, I personally know that God will never give you anything you cannot weather. He does not use this as a punishment, if He did use children in this way, I would not want Him to be my god. Life lessons are learned every day; don't think that one small or giant step will suddenly change everything. Patience will always be hard, but brings a peace that will create a lasting happiness. Enjoy the small things in each day, and your life will be fuller than you can imagine.

Abby said...

Well, we will certainly keep you in our prayers. I think of you guys often and all the adoption stuff. You guys are a great couple and WILL be great parents when you do adopt a child.