Sunday

Our Wet Fall Drive

Our trip was a little bit disappointing seeing how it was rainy the whole time.  We made the best of it though.  We didn't take too many pics so here are some of them.  Spencer and I listened to conference on our way up to Logan.  When we got to Logan we stopped at Gossner Cheese of course for some great squeaky cheese and crackers.  After that we drove around for a while in the middle of no where.  I think the city was called Benson.  It was near the Bear River.  Then we went to lunch with Bryan and Jen to a really nice restaurant, which right now the name slips my mind.

Spencer Eating Squeaky cheese.

For all those who don't know what squeaky cheese looks like or is.  It's just cheese curd.

The rainy road to Logan

Some fall leafs unfortunately on the ground already

Standing in the rain

After we visited with Bryan, Jen and my little sister Elicia's, we left for home.  We had a great time up in Logan despite the rain.  We couldn't go home without stopping at Peach City for their burgers, fries, and "home made ice cream" shakes.  Yummy!!!  I won't post the pics of us eating, those ones aren't too pretty.  Peach City is an old fashioned drive in.  Not like Sonic's.  You pull up and the menu is on the side of the building.  When you are ready to eat, just flash your lights.  They even bring those trays and put them on your window.  

After the long day I was tired and Spencer went and got a hair cut.

Doesn't he look nice?
Later in the evening we played with Dusty.  Spencer even got a dog to be into football.  We had lots of fun throwing the little football and tackling Dusty.  I think we had more fun than Dusty.  He is so cute though.




I never thought I would love a dog as much as I love Dusty.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Love the new background! And I like the pictures of Dusty; he's so cute. Sounds like you had a fun drive and your post made me want some squeaky cheese. :)

Unknown said...

Hey! I found your blog through Ambers...and decided to do some blog stalking! :) Your doggie is so cute and I love your conference weekend tradition! What a great idea. I also absolutely love the poem on your blog.
The words and message is just beautiful. I was looking through one of my halloween scrapbooks and there you were...lookin' like Strawberry Shortcake! I still think that was the cutest costume ever! Just thought I'd say hi! :)

Paul said...

Criscell, I remember you. It's fun to see people you knew in the past. It's bittersweet that through this process our roads crossed. Good luck, and nice blog!