Monday

Family Night!!


Whoever came up with family night was a genius.  On my way home tonight I stopped by the store to pick up some yummy garlic french bread for our lasagna dinner, when I spotted this kit.  That was it, I knew what we would be doing for family night.  Yes, we were going to decorate a gingerbread choo choo train.  Who said when you don't have kids you can't have any fun.  
It has been a while since we have posted.  Time has just flown by. Spencer and I have been a little bit out of the Christmas spirit lately.  We have tried a few things, like driving around looking for a live Christmas tree.  Saturday we even drove through the park and looked at the city parks Christmas display.  We have even sipped hot cocoa while watching every Christmas movie on t.v.  I think we have just been so busy lately that the Christmas season is passing by too quickly.   So tonight we just sat at the table, relaxed and had some fun. Here our some pictures of our masterpiece.

  My personal touch was the M&M cobbles stone ground.  We couldn't do as much as we would have liked because our kit did not come with our white frosting.  We got gypped.  We made due with what we had.

Birds eye view.  Spencer came up with the cinnamon bear strapped to the tracks in front of the train and you can't forget the decapitated cinnamon bear lying on the railroad tracks.  Boys will be boys.  I think we may have reverted back to our childhood a little too far. 
Ahh, Bellissimo!
I promise that is not a wine bottle in the background... or is it?  No, just kidding it it sparkling cider.  Apple Peach to be exact.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That turned out great! I actually think the bear on the tracks is pretty hilarious! Thanks for posting the results of your fam night!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

I love it!