Tuesday

Thank You!

A couple of weeks ago we were hanging out with some friends of ours.  We got on the subject of cancer.   She too had cancer at a young age.  We sat and compared our differences and laughed at the similarities that we had going through two different kinds of cancers. It so happened to be the day before the anniversary of when I was diagnosed with Leukemia.  I was diagnosed on February 8th 1999.  It has been 10 years now.  I am so grateful to be alive and have had met Spencer and married him.  I can't even believe it has been 10 years.  Things just keep coming up this month that have reminded me of how lucky I am, how healthy I am, all things considered, and how blessed I am.   I came across this song when I was changing/adding songs onto my playlist today. It's called skin, by Raskal Flatts.  My little sister had sent me this song once in an email and I have heard it many times playing on the radio.  It does not matter how many times I have heard it I still ball my eyes out.  Not because I am sad that I had to go through Leukemia, but because of the many blessings and experiences I had because of this trial.  I don't think my family would have ever been as close as we are now.  I love my family!  I wanted to take this time and thank all my family, friends, Spencer and my Heavenly Father for everything.  I could not do it alone.  No one could have done it alone.  I think that my Heavenly Father is reminding me this month that I don't have to do things alone.  I know he is there for me and always will be.  I think sometimes we forget that he is there even for the small stuff. 
Make sure to pause our playlist to listen to the video


5 comments:

Em said...

I loved your video, it brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing the battle you survived. It's wonderful to see the beautiful life you and Spencer now have. Thanks for sharing the video.

C.J. and Jackie said...

Wow that made me cry. Thanks for sharing, it was fun to see pictures of you when you were younger.

Crimson&Howitzer said...

Sorry Criscell, I didn't cry. But maybe because we did so much during that time. It's amazing how ten years feels. It's a milestone that seems so far away in the beginning. And when it gets here, it feels surreal. I'm glad cancer was a positive experience; it definitely did bring all of us together. I think of you often, and hope for yours and Spencer's happiness. Love you! Jen

Abby said...

Wow, that was such a beautiful video. It brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that you were able to fight your way through and come out the person you are now. I'm glad to know you. Thanks for posting that.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you made it through that...I still remember the day my mom told me that you'd been diagnosed. I am so proud of you and all that's happened in the past ten years -- wow.