Tuesday

Dusty and the car

Our poor Dusty today decided to finally take his chance when Spencer opened the gate.  He darted out of the gate to the back yard, into the garage, where his bone was of course, and into the road as fast as he could.  The little black car slammed on his brakes as hard as he could.  

I was in the house and herd Spencer scream.  I couldn't tell what was going on.  I ran down the stairs as fast as I could because I herd the loud screeching outside.  At first I thought something had happened to Spencer because Dusty came right to the back door.  Then two seconds later Spencer came running around the back yelling that Dusty had been hit by a car.  Our poor new neighbor up the street didn't even see him coming.  I feel bad for Dusty, but this one was his fault.   As Spencer describes it, Dusty ran with his bone in mouth right into the back wheel of the car.  He bounced off the wheel and the car ran over the bone. Poor guy probably thought he ran over Dusty. Dusty has a few bumps and scraps, but he is doing well.  I just feel bad for the driver of the car.  I would be crying my eyes out if I thought I hit some little animal.  

Let this be a lesson to all little kids. Look both ways before you cross the street!!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Scary! I'm glad he was ok.